Intellectuals Unite meeting 13/5/16:
28 of us met at The Young Foundation, 18 Victoria Park, London E2
Following a very good discussion over two hours we’ve begun to make some decisions on the best way forward for IU:
- For our next meeting, we will build a narrative and manifesto which will clearly outline our goals
- A slogan will be created to attract/inspire
- Once our position is firmly set out we will design a letter to be sent to MP’s and consider having a press conference and perhaps an open letter published
- We agreed that a visible direct action is needed and are planning a powerful demonstration at Parliament (more about this later!)
- We’ll create a “movement page” with change.org to set out our campaigns to the public and build interest in the IU project and actions.